when we decided to move 15,000 miles from the beaches of sydney to the english countryside...
i ran with a lot of *visual* elements to help make the transition easier for myself us all...
i scoured magazines for images of vintage-full-blown-rose wallpaper...
i borrowed books on english country cottages from the library...
i vowed to learn to both cook wholesome organic meals & bake bread in our country kitchen...
{neither of which i felt i was remotely able to do in sydney!}


all these creative images helped me enormously...
i bought a bike with a big old basket on the front to ride around the village...
i learnt to bake bread from my ever growing jars of organic flour...
i learnt to cook everyday & adore it...
i also started to fill our life in the english countryside, with the english images i had found whilst still sitting in our beach house in australia....


top of my list has always been a beach *windbreak*...
i had visions of days on english beaches snug behind a vintage-striped-cotton-windbreak...
for two years i have looked...refusing to buy a new striped-yet-nylon reproduction...
& then on the weekend i popped into a little thrifty shop in the village & there she was...
waiting for me...
all stripe-y & cotton-y & lovely...
& all for £6....


at last i had my authentic english *windbreak* to take home to oz...
i'm yet to take her to any beach...
but she makes me happy just being under my arm & mooching 'round our country house with me...

have you ever wanted something that was so hard to come across for so long...
that when you eventually find it you just sit & stare...?
yep , well that's where you'll still find me....sitting & lovingly staring...




...i am having a lovely thrifty tuesday linkup at *cornflake*...
...pop over & check out other thrifty goodies from around the bloggy world...





 
Top