Parents, myself included, line up for hours every year just to register for preschool. Is it the best preschool around???? Truly? No, I don't think so. Is it the cheapest, most convenient, anything??? No, not really. It's more that our kids have been there for four years and it's familiar.
But this is the returning parent registration. I was in line for two hours in the rain, and even some hail (mind you, we had had a snow day the day before!). Some parents had been there since 8:30 that morning! Now know that those parents got their kids in the class they wanted. I was #33 in line, and even though this will be our fifth year at the school, I did not get the class I wanted. Fair??? No, not necessarily... but what can you do? I could've been there at 8:30 too... but I had way too many other things I wanted to do with my day!
 
Top