Ok, sorry I missed a few days... my camera seemed to have walked away. I set it down in one place and then it magically grows feet and disappears. So I found it on the tv room ottoman, and there you have it.

My photo for Thursday is of a machine that is dear to my heart, the laminator at our elementary school. A little history for you. We used to be a different school. A very old school with very old stuff. Last year, 2009, a brand new school building was built for us. A new location, even a new name. They basically just took all the staff and students and moved them to this new building, so when we started the 2009-2010 school year, it was in a new place. Well, needless to say, the old school had a laminator which had been handed down from place to place and was quite old and ready to be put out of it's misery. Me, being the treasurer of the PTA (and loving to laminate things! - well, duh... doesn't everyone????) decided that it would be really nice of us to give the school a "school-warming" gift of a new laminator... and I totally got my way. Well, being that it was all my idea, I also got the job of being "The Laminator" (that's my new superhero name) for the school. I go in (or one of my team, that would be Krista!) once a week and do all the laminating for the school (that the teacher's haven't already snuck in to do.). I even have my own box... it says, "Shannon H., laminating queen". Well, I guess if it's the only royalty I'm going to get, I'll take it!

And believe it or not, it does save the school some money having the laminating only (really) being done once a week. The machine isn't being left on all the time so that it's always at the ready (that saves electricity), and a lot of the laminating stuff isn't getting wasted with it constantly being started and stopped... so there you go. That's how I win the laminating battle! (OK, so you all already knew I was a bit crazy!).
 
Top