it's spring...
only i feel like i am stuck on a page of a christopher robin story...
pooh bear & audrey...we blew to school...
blustery...
so much sweeter sounding than *windy*...
like what *vintage* is to *second hand*...
so our blustery start to the day is slowly breaking into bursts of spring sunshine...
& the bursts of spring sunshine inspired me to create a spring welcoming front hall....




see that *wee bit o light there*?
yep...believe me it's there....
after nearly three years in the english countryside, i am still not used to dark days...
we australians thrive on sunshine & light...
so gathering some of my favourite english pieces & plonking them in some sunlight with a big bunch of daffs works for me...
easter is coming...



i found this gorgeous old sideboard our first summer here...
it's been dragged around the playroom for the last three summers...
holding school art work...
w-ii games {yep i admit, at last, that we have one for the long english winters!}...
& many a play dough creation...
so for spring...i have at last re-claimed it for our entrance & filled it with lovely collected goodies...



even my post man noticed the change...bless him... 
it makes me smile every time i answer the doorbell...
it's a wonderful wide entrance...
a very english country-house entrance...
& i adore it for that...
it couldn't be more different to our sandy shell-laden succulent-potted front entrance at home in oz...
this is a hallway for wellies...& daffs in old french tins...


a season does that to you...doesn't it...
it makes you stop for a moment...
to look around & really take life in...
i have never embraced the change in seasons quite like we have since living in the english countryside...
the fields mark the changes with their crops...
birds welcome in the mornings again...
squirrels appear...
flowers spread throughout the garden after a long winter...
&
everyone is just that little bit happier....




or maybe it's just me...
maybe i'm waking from a long hibernation...
this aussie gal needs sunshine now...
i'll take blustery sunshine for a while...
then just the sunshine...
i have my picnic basket at the ready...
my garden bunting made...
keep it a-comin nature...

...so if your up *top* with me...
happy spring
&
...if your *down under* in my home land...
pull out your woolies
embrace autumn
&
make yourself a front hall table full of the seasons goodies
xox
~~~



a huge welcoming hug 
&
a bunch of daffs
to all those new friends that have joined me here
it truly makes me smile 
to read all your wonderful inspiring comments
x




 
Top