Do not blame yourself. It is easy to question whether you are the problem. But no matter what someone says or does, you should not be ashamed of who you are or what you feel.
What to Do When You Are Being Bullied
- Tell them to stop.
- Protect yourself. Sometimes you cannot walk away. If you are being physically hurt, protect yourself so that you can get away.
- Tell an adult you trust. Talking to someone could help you figure out the best ways to deal with the problem. In some cases, adults need to get involved for the bullying to stop.
- Find a safe place. Go somewhere that you feel safe and secure like the library, a favorite teacher’s classroom, or the office.
- Stick together. Stay with a group or individuals that you trust.
- Find opportunities to make new friends. Explore your interests and join school or community activities such as sports, drama, or art. Volunteer or participate in community service.